Welcome to the home of pulpy fiction productions corner for customs.

So here it is, I'm a graphic artist and illustrator located in Canada. I love animation, comics, sci fi, fantasy, movies, and music. On my spare time I customize action figures for the fun of it. My customs mainly focus on comic and movie characters, but that's not all I do. I'm an articulation nut, so the more the better, one of the reasons I love working with Marvel Legends and DC Universe figures.

On this blog, I'll be giving the lowdown of what I'm working on, what I'm thinking about doing, and how I plan to take over the world (all super heroes and would be vigilantes, please disregard this site).

If you have any questions, comments, or inquiries please feel free to email me at: pulpyfiction@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Marvel Select Hulk - REDO! Custom Action Figure

I'm not a big fan of the Marvel Select Hulk, particularly for the atrocious head sculpt, the brutal paints, and the ridiculous articulation. Sorry if you love the factory release on this one, but I'm not. I did get my hands on one several months back for pretty cheap, and I had a couple of ideas for it. After seeing some customs using the select hulk, Raybot's specifically (if you haven't seen it check it out, his original head sculpt is crazy good!), I saw how there was some really good sculpting to the figure, and I wanted to take a crack at one.

So I took the solomon grundy head I had (I think it looks more like the 2008 movie hulk than the poor head sculpt put out by hasbro for the legends line), and I dremilled it to fit the massive select neck. I then went to town painting the whole thing anew! I used lots of dry brushed layers for the skin tones, and especially the jeans. I topped them off with a light white dry brushed layer to mimic denim. I also tipped the frayed areas in white to get that torn denim look seen in cutoffs.

Thanks for the views!

P.S.- I left a few extra pictures here as well.
































































1 comment:

HULK SMASH!!! said...

How much would you charge to do to another one rewrap it and ship it?