Welcome to the home of pulpy fiction productions corner for customs.

So here it is, I'm a graphic artist and illustrator located in Canada. I love animation, comics, sci fi, fantasy, movies, and music. On my spare time I customize action figures for the fun of it. My customs mainly focus on comic and movie characters, but that's not all I do. I'm an articulation nut, so the more the better, one of the reasons I love working with Marvel Legends and DC Universe figures.

On this blog, I'll be giving the lowdown of what I'm working on, what I'm thinking about doing, and how I plan to take over the world (all super heroes and would be vigilantes, please disregard this site).

If you have any questions, comments, or inquiries please feel free to email me at: pulpyfiction@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pulpy's EMPIRE: Series 1 A New Hope Luke Skywalker

Pulpy's EMPIRE: Series 1 A New Hope Luke Skywalker

Name: Luke Skywalker A.N.H.
Custom TypeAction Figure
Toy SeriesStar Wars
Base FigureBullseye
Height:  6.00 inches
Articulation26 points

So you may have noticed I'm one of those guys who doesn't have a tons of customs in my portfolio. This series of customs is why. I've always wanted 6 inch Star wars figures, and after a year or two of posting got started on these. I've worked on them on and off between other pieces, never posting when things were completed so that I could do them in series. Then the back series came out and shamed me into finishing these.
With that said, I'm really excited to present my 6 inch Star Wars series:
Pulpy's Empire!
First off is Luke Skywalker as seen in A New Hope

I sewed a shirt and did some paints on it to give it some extra life to it.
He's a ML Bullseye buck with random Buffy sized arms and hands.
From ball joints down, the legs were modified elseworlds' Pilot Green Lantern, cut off and dremilled to to fit Bullseye's ball joints.
The boots and feet are from Chow Yun Fat's Crouching Tiger figure. (a perfect fit!!!)

Saber Handle is a modified Starman staff - I think a tutorial is needed on this one, the staff supports 3 saber handles if cut right, all you have to do is see it in it!
Trooper rifle made from fodder
The head is a modified epic force-*side note*- if you are going to use this head add his above lip and below mouth moles, and it really helps to push the look because they are recognizable features.* I also cut in some extra hair detail.
I'm really excited to finally post them, I know they're not perfect, but I've wanted them for so long, and wanted to finish them for so long that I'm really happy with them and I hope you like them! 

Thanks a lot for checking him out, and...
May the force be with you!



No comments: