Welcome to the home of pulpy fiction productions corner for customs.

So here it is, I'm a graphic artist and illustrator located in Canada. I love animation, comics, sci fi, fantasy, movies, and music. On my spare time I customize action figures for the fun of it. My customs mainly focus on comic and movie characters, but that's not all I do. I'm an articulation nut, so the more the better, one of the reasons I love working with Marvel Legends and DC Universe figures.

On this blog, I'll be giving the lowdown of what I'm working on, what I'm thinking about doing, and how I plan to take over the world (all super heroes and would be vigilantes, please disregard this site).

If you have any questions, comments, or inquiries please feel free to email me at: pulpyfiction@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, September 27, 2013

Pulpy's EMPIRE: Series 1 Boba Fett

Pulpy's EMPIRE: Series 1 Boba Fett

NameBoba Fett
Custom TypeAction Figure 
Toy SeriesStar Wars 
Base Figure:  Toybiz ML Loki
Height:  6.50 inches
Articulation:  36 points

Out of all of the legends scale Star Wars figures I've been working on, I learned the most on this one. It took forever to finish, as in years, and I had to try a lot of different methods to accomplish what I wanted from it.
Every time i thought i was just about finished there was another small detail i had missed and had to get back to. In the end because of that, I learned a lot about the character and his suit from tons pf research and reference! Like did you know the slats in his shin pockets aren't armour plating, they are signal jammers! Boba Fett is completely stealth and can't be caught on most cameras and monitoring systems!
Another cool "ditty" are the little "dodads" on the side of both Boba's knee pads, the are miniature rocket launchers!
This was a real labour of love, and I'm glad to have him done. Die hard fans can see where I took a few liberties with him, like cape placement, and putting his sidearm more forward on his belt. He has so much on that side and it helps with mobility/articulation, and heck i took the time to make the holster and gun so I want to show it off!

He's made from a Ml toybiz loki,
Hand ninja fore arms
A bootleg ML Cyclops lower legs (exactly the look I needed!)
The removable helmet, rifle, jetpack, gauntlets, and base from a Hasbro Star Wars
I was going to try to make the unmasked head head Jeremy Bulloch, the man who played Boba Fett when I was a kid. However I went with a a modified DCUC mr. Terrific, who I feel is a great likeness for Temuera Morrison, the actor who played Jango Fett, and who Boba would grow up to look like being his clone.
All other details fabricated or sculpted.

Thanks for checking him out, and may the force be with you!

No comments: