Welcome to the home of pulpy fiction productions corner for customs.

So here it is, I'm a graphic artist and illustrator located in Canada. I love animation, comics, sci fi, fantasy, movies, and music. On my spare time I customize action figures for the fun of it. My customs mainly focus on comic and movie characters, but that's not all I do. I'm an articulation nut, so the more the better, one of the reasons I love working with Marvel Legends and DC Universe figures.

On this blog, I'll be giving the lowdown of what I'm working on, what I'm thinking about doing, and how I plan to take over the world (all super heroes and would be vigilantes, please disregard this site).

If you have any questions, comments, or inquiries please feel free to email me at: pulpyfiction@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, September 27, 2013

Pulpy's EMPIRE: Series 1 Chewbacca!

Pulpy's EMPIRE: Series 1 Chewbacca!

Name:  Chewbacca
Custom TypeAction Figure 
Toy SeriesStar Wars 
Base FigureChewbacca statue, ML Sasquatch, and DCU Grodd
Height:  7.20 inches
Articulation22 points

What a Wookie!
I know he's a little on the large side, but this is what I finally came down to after several versions, and he's the one I'm happiest with.
His torso is a Unleashed Chewie dremilled to fit the ball joints for arms and legs of a ML Sasquatch.
His lower arms are DCUC Gorilla Grodds because I loved the sculpt and wanted that popeye arm furriness that chewie has.
I had to build the bowcaster from an incomplete one from the Unleashed figure that was sculpted into the figure.
The bandoleer was also from the Unleashed figure!
Then a lot of different browns, dark beiges, and rusty tones for layers, highlights and low-lights for fur.
I know he's not perfect, and he's a little on the tall side, but I've always loved Chewie since I was a kid, and I'm super stoked to have finished him!
Thanks for checking him out, and RRRAAAAAGHRURAGHRUUUURRR!




No comments: