Welcome to the home of pulpy fiction productions corner for customs.

So here it is, I'm a graphic artist and illustrator located in Canada. I love animation, comics, sci fi, fantasy, movies, and music. On my spare time I customize action figures for the fun of it. My customs mainly focus on comic and movie characters, but that's not all I do. I'm an articulation nut, so the more the better, one of the reasons I love working with Marvel Legends and DC Universe figures.

On this blog, I'll be giving the lowdown of what I'm working on, what I'm thinking about doing, and how I plan to take over the world (all super heroes and would be vigilantes, please disregard this site).

If you have any questions, comments, or inquiries please feel free to email me at: pulpyfiction@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pulpy's EMPIRE: Series 2 Emperor Palpatine

 Palpatine was build on a DC Direct Dr. Sivana figure.  With robes from a Crouching Tiger Li Mu Bai figure, and Darth Maul's extra hooded head, sans the Maul head.  It replace the previous hood which was made from a reworked DCUC raven figure.  He has multiple hands, one set is an open fingered pair from a sota Street Fighter Gen figure.
The second is a new electrified pair from a Spiderman movie Electro figure, repainted to get the flesh tones over top.
As seen in the first photo he has an electric energy accessory, I don't know where it's from as it was a find from a great used toy shop in Hamilton ON. I suggest you check out called Kool Stuff.  They are on facebook and online @ http://www.koolstuff.ca/  Thanks Jeff for the help finding this!
As for his head it was a re-sculpted ML Loki head.  I'm pretty happy with the likeness.
I have to admit he is pretty stiff, and he will NEVER take his throne, I made him really more of an accessory for Vader, but I feel like I want to try him again using soft goods so that he can have his throne built, and take his rightful place upon it!  

Thanks for checking him out!